The Mind-Body for Cancer workshop is free for those who have been diagnosed with cancer.
The Mindfulness Center offers workshops and classes dedicated to supporting cancer patients and teaching methods of cancer prevention. The Mind-Body for Cancer workshop teaches empowering techniques in mind-body lifestyle practices to improve health and wellness in cancer patients before, during and after treatment. After decades of research, the data is compelling; lifestyle changes can make a difference in the well-being of people with cancer.
- Learn the role of nutrition in the progression of cancer.
- Discover the benefits of meditation and stress management in boosting the immune system.
- Experience the benefits of yoga/exercise prescribed for treating cancer.
- Learn from experts about the role of carcinogens in our environment.
- Benefit from empowering lifestyle changes medically proven to impact the well-being of cancer patients.
The Mind-Body for Cancer wellness class is an eight hour workshop exploring special topics such as nutrition, exercise and emotional health for people diagnosed with cancer. These workshops present experts in the field of mind-body and lifestyle approaches to treating cancer. Experts join together to provide a supportive and informative program to create optimal well-being for those touched by cancer. All are welcome, including patients, doctors, caregivers, and those simply looking to learn.
Our students with cancer find considerable relief, restored sleep, and more energy from taking our ongoing group classes such as meditation, restorative yoga and Tai chi and Qigong. Personal services also play a role in improved quality of life, including acupuncture, oncology massage, private meditation, hypnosis, nutritional consulting, personal yoga therapy, and "Prepare for Surgery Heal Faster" or "Prepare for Chemotherapy Heal Faster" and more.
For more information or questions, contact Aurora at Aurora@themindfulnesscenter.org