Mindfulness In Education: Schools
Sponsored by The Mindfulness Center
A 501(C)3 Non-Profit Wellness Center
Stress, anxiety and mental health issues are a growing concern for students. These concerns are associated with high drop-out rates, substance abuse and other harmful behaviors. To address this epidemic, The Mindfulness Center is currently working with public and private schools throughout the region to empower children with mindfulness skills. Mindfulness practices have proven to improve social skills, emotional well-being, physical health, and academic achievement, along with mental health, quality of life, leadership skills, and general overall well-being. The Mindfulness Center works with area schools developing and implementing mindfulness programs, teaching students social, emotional, and other lifelong empowerment skills.
We are now bringing this program to school teachers and staff in our 5-DAY SUMMER RETREAT + ONLINE MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING CERTIFICATION.
Learn how your school can participate, or apply now to sponsor two teachers from your school to attend.
Programs we have implemented:
• Montgomery County, Howard County, Baltimore County, Fairfax County Public Schools after-school meditation and yoga programs for students and teachers.
• Dozens of private elementary school, high school and university programs.
• Children's National Medical Center research evaluating mindfulness interventions for children in pain.
• Mindfulness Retreats providing professional development for faculty, staff and administrators to learn mindfulness techniques.
• Online Mindfulness Meditation education programs for faculty and staff.