Sponsored By The Mindfulness Center
WE ARE HAPPY TO WORK WITH YOU TO CREATE A PROGRAM
THAT FITS THE UNIQUE NEEDS OF YOUR ORGANIZATION.
The Need for Corporate Wellness
The speed of business in today’s offices with rapid fire emails, short response times, multitasking, maintaining multiple technology devices such as cell phone, BlackBerrys, laptops, etc. creates a significant level of stress in office operations. Worksite wellness programs are a smart investment in the health and productivity of employees. Comprehensive worksite wellness programs have proven to lower health care and insurance costs, improve employee morale, decrease absenteeism, improve productivity and realize a positive return on investment.
Over time this stress can lead to:
• Lack of teamwork and assisting fellow staff.
• Lack of coordination of activities between Offices.
• Non-responsiveness to Agency mission.
• Poor communication and coordination among peers and colleagues.
• Last-minute planning.
• Insufficiently documented processes for getting things done.
• Distracted and disengaged workforce.
• Increase in stress related illnesses.
The Mindfulness Center conducts corporate wellness programs providing wellness workshops, team-building, stress-management, assessment tools, life and career coaching, employee and management development, customized training, health fairs and other services. Thousands of employees, managers and executives have been coached and trained in leadership, life-balance, and team-building by our staff at The Mindfulness Center. Many small, medium and large businesses including government agencies, professional corporations, technical and engineering firms, educational organizations, non-profits, and associations benefit from our services.
We teach meditation and other mind-body techniques as the foundation for optimal living. Help your employees reach their optimal health with wellness programs that are proven to improve quality of life, well-being and longevity. The Mindfulness Center will help you and your organization develop a custom wellness program suited to your organization's needs. We work in partnership with our clients to help individuals and teams take full advantage of their unique capabilities in achieving superior results in their business and community. Employees that lead healthier lifestyles and become more knowledgeable health care consumers, have a beneficial impact on your bottom line.
Potential results of successful mindful leaders:
• Improve teamwork.
• Improve listening and observation skills
• Increase cooperation and atmosphere of working together
• Improve coordination of inter-office activities.
• Be responsive to Agency and Office missions.
• Improve foresight in project development and outcome.
• Implementation of visible plans for progress.
• Develop replicable procedural protocols.
• Increase empathy and compassion with staff and customers
• Increase in workplace engagement.
• Decrease of stress related illness
• Promote emotional intelligence
• Connection with staff
• Home skillset benefiting work and home life
Mindful leaders are able to motivate and inspire others, meet and exceed organizational expectations, and are more likely to implement significant and lasting change that optimizes business results. They make an indisputable difference on productivity and creativity and in the lives of those they coach or supervise.
Mindful leadership skills are essential in today’s challenging work environment. As change continues to accelerate and challenges become more complex and we are increasingly doing more with less, leaders who see the big picture, as well as understand the little things, will thrive. Mindful leaders are able to make decisions, while simultaneously evaluating other options. As demands for performance and productivity rise and the resources to meet those demands remain the same or dwindle, managers at every level must fine tune their ability to be more mindful.
Sample Worksite Wellness Programs
We are happy to work with you to create a program that fits the unique needs of your organization.
+ Yoga, Meditation, Tai Chi and Dance Class
- Worksite wellness classes in meditation, yoga, dance or tai chi are provided by a certified instructor at your work place. Weekly classes enable employees to develop a healthy lifestyle practice, release tension, and ultimately increase productivity. Classes are customized to meet the needs of your community and are appropriate for all levels of physical ability.
+ Health Fairs
- Corporate health fairs provide valuable health information and services to employees. Armed with the information provided at health fairs, your employees can learn how to get and stay healthy. We customize each event to fit the needs of your community. You choose from an array of wellness demos, classes and information booths.
+ Group Accupuncture
- Offered by a licensed acupuncturist in a group setting. Acupuncturist will practice “auricular” acupuncture, known for promoting relaxation and relieving stress. After treatment, participants generally report a greater sense of wellbeing, relaxation, clear-headedness, & improved energy.
+ Wellness Seminars
Format and timeframe are customized to meet your needs. Seminars may include PowerPoint, discussion, Q&A, and practice exercises.
These comprehensive seminars address the sources, effects and solutions to stress through practical tools for healthy, balanced living. Choice of topics include, but are not limited to:
- Work-Life Balance
- Practical Relaxation
- Stress Management
- The Stress Response and Weight Gain
+ Healthy Eating
- Classes will focus on healthy food groups, behavior modification, and portion control. Individuals will learn the benefits of following a healthy eating plan and understand health conditions (i.e. diabetes, heart disease, obesity) that arise from unhealthy eating. Learn how our hormones are impacted by the foods we eat and how to manage food choices for optimal health, increased energry and overall well being.
- The Food/Mood Connection
- Food/Disease Connection
- Food Trends Past, Present and Future
- How to Kick the Sugar Cravings
+ Lifestyle Wellness
This program addresses the many facets of lifestyle practices involved in wellness, including nutrition, exercise, stress management, sleep hygiene and behavioral change. Drug abuse education/prevention is an option in this package.
One-time Overview: One and one-half (1 ) hour session. Appropriate for all ages and abilities.
Expected Outcome: Strategies for creating positive behavioral change leading to a healthier lifestyle. Knowledge of integrating healthy lifestyle changes to create optimal well-being. Teaches stress management strategies effective in home and workplace, to reduce stress and improve creative and functional outcomes.
+ Meditation Package
Offering weekly meditation sessions, ranging from 50-minutes to day-long retreats. Meditation programs are most effective when provided for 8-weeks at a time, so The Meditation Package is designed with this in mind. Single sessions are an option for those curious to be introduced to the meditation process. The meditation offered is not affiliated with any specific religion, but is supportive of any individual's cultural background. It is primarily based on a mindfulness approach.
Eight-week session: Eight 50-minute sessions of guided meditation instruction, provided once per week. Appropriate for all ages and abilities. Expected outcome: This program is designed on the basis of extensive research showing the benefits of meditation for occupational wellness and productivity.
On the basis of this research, the expected outcomes can include:
- Improved communication, work productivity and performance.
- Enhanced customer service.
- Reduced absenteeism.
- Greater job enjoyment and easier conflict resolution.
- Reduced stress, greater memory and creativity. Improved health status.
On the basis of this research,
expected outcomes can include:
Improved communication, work productivity and performance.
Enhanced customer service.
Greater job enjoyment and easier conflict resolution.
Reduced stress, greater memory and creativity. Improved health status.
For more information, contact: Amanda
Corporate Wellness Program Selections
Stress Management Package
This program covers strategies useful in managing and reducing stress. This program addresses both stress in the workplace and in personal life, as research shows one affects the other. Approaches to managing stress are as multifold as the sources of stress. Topics covered include identifying sources of stress, time management, quick stress reducers to use to manage acute stressful situations. Learn about relaxation techniques, long-term stress reduction techniques, and to adopt a healthy lifestyle. This program explores causes of stress, reactions to stress, and the health effects of stress and benefits of stress reduction.
• One-time Overview: One and one-half (1) hour session. Appropriate for all ages and abilities.
• Expected Outcome: Knowledge of sources of stress, methods for reducing stress (long-term and short-term), and achieving relaxation. Awareness of the importance of stress reduction in healthy living and productivity.
• Three-week session: Three one-hour sessions. Appropriate for all ages and abilities.
• Expected Outcome: Knowledge as indicated above, as well as an opportunity to explore personal stressors and reactions to stress, as well as gain practice in a variety of stress reduction strategies.
This program is offered separately or in combination with any of the other programs described above, and includes information on specific health concerns including weight loss, immunization/vaccines, smoking cessation, drug abuse, diabetes, heart disease and cancer prevention, lactation facilities, and mental health issues. Program options customized to your company's needs. Private sessions are available for individuals who are in need of intensive personalized consult on any of these topics.
Other topics of interest which may be included:
• Workplace Safety
• Safe practices: Biohazards, ergonomics
• Dealing with contagious diseases
• CPR and First Aid
Package Costs: Dependent upon options selected.