The Mindfulness Centers Meditation Teacher Training program is a 160-hour evidence-based, community-focused, self-empowering certification program.
If interested in the program, please apply below and you will be contacted by one of our intake coordinators.
The Program Overview:
To become a certified meditation teacher, you will:
• Deepen your understanding of meditation through both informational content and experiential practice.
• Receive professional mentoring, including personal “office hours”, and live and recorded group conversations.
• Explore a multimedia library rich in information on the science, practice, and application of mindfulness in healthcare, education, worksite, leadership and other applications.
• Learn the skills to apply mindfulness practices to situations of conflict, trauma, and behavioral change.
• Access and learn from the abundance of scientific evidence on the benefits of mindfulness.
• Learn about the benefits of different types of meditation practices.
• Deepen you personal practice by exploring the role of mindfulness in Social and Emotional Learning and personal relationships.
• Join a community of people who share your same interest in mindfulness.
• Establish the tools, experience, and guidance to further your own mindfulness practice.
This Program Includes:
THE ONLINE NATURE OF THIS PROGRAM ALLOWS STUDENTS TO ENROLL IN AND BEGIN THE PROGRAM AT ANY TIME. THIS FLEXIBILITY ALLOWS STUDENTS TO BEGIN LEARNING WHEN IT FEELS NATURALLY RIGHT FOR THEM, IT ALSO ALLOWS YOU TO COMPLETE THE TRAINING AT YOUR OWN PACE, EMPOWERING YOU TO IMMERSE YOURSELF IN THE EXPERIENTIAL NATURE OF MINDFULNESS.MTTO
Dr Norris is Psychologist-in-Residence and Director of the Psychobiology of Healing Program at American University, and past professor at Georgetown University Medical School. Renowned for her online meditation teacher training program, SOMA, The Science of Mindful Awareness, Dr. Norris is an internationally recognized speaker and educator on mindfulness, yoga, and integrative mind-body medicine. A health scientist with over 40 years of experience ranging from traditional medical and psychotherapeutic practices to integrative therapies and lifestyle practices, she teaches and conducts research in mindfulness, behavioral medicine and other holistic approaches to happiness and well-being.
This introductory Mindfulness Meditation training course is based on the most current scientific research in the field of mindfulness and will teach you everything you need to begin and maintain a meditation practice that works for you. Begin Your Journey Today!
In the Flow: Bridging the Science and Practice of Mindfulness
Deborah Norris, Ph.D. – Founder of The Mindfulness Center™;
Author of In the Flow: Bridging the Science and Practice of Mindfulness;
This book will change the way you live your life! In clear and captivating style, neuroscientist, Dr. Deborah Norris, lays out new theories in the science of mindfulness, revealing how simple practices are able to remove our roadblocks to health and happiness. You can get back In the Flow and live the life of your own choosing by identifying and using mindfulness practices that work for you.