What To Expect..
Are you someone looking to start a meditation practice? Is it time to make a change?
Do you want to advance your practice to the next level?
Or, are you compelled to deepen your understanding of your meditation practice?
The Mindfulness Centers Meditation Teacher Training program is a 160-hour immersion program that informs the participant through both didactic and experiential practices. Discussion covers the role of mindfulness-based meditation in health care, education and other community building roles, drawing on both ancient wisdom and modern evidence-basis. Experiential practice cultivates a deeper self-practice, and builds the foundation for teaching group and one-on-one sessions.
The Mindfulness Center's Meditation Teacher Training features a unique rolling admission, allowing you to start at any time. Hours are comprised of 120 Required Course hours, 20 Elective Course hours and 20 hours of Community Service. This comprehensive training program features Professor Deborah Norris, Ph.D. founder of The Mindfulness Center™, and Director of the American University Psychobiology of Healing program. Dr. Norris is a neurobehavioral scientist and author of In the Flow: Bridging the Science and Practice of Mindfulness. She is a past professor at Georgetown University Medical School, and yoga therapist.
This program is Co-Sponsored by the National Association of Social Workers/NASW, and offers up to 24 hours of CE's to therapists and social workers. CEU's are also offered through Yoga Alliance.
By joining our community to become a certified meditation teacher, you will:
•Deepen your understanding of meditation through both informational content and experiential practice
•Learn the skills to apply mindfulness practices to relationships and situations of conflict, trauma, and behavioral change.
•Access and learn from the abundance of scientific evidence on the benefits of mindfulness
•Learn about the benefits of different types of meditation practices
•How to build confidence and strength in your practice and daily life
•Join a community of people who share your same interest in mindfulness
•Establish the tools, experience, and guidance to further your own mindfulness practice
$2200.00 / PER PERSON (Group rates & payment plans available)
• Secular and evidence-based
• Mindfulness plays a role in transformation in many realms in life
• Understanding the physiological and psychological mechanisms underlying the practice is key to understanding the transformational process.
• Mindfulness meditation
• Didactic & experiential
UP COMING COURSE SCHEDULE:
• June 21 - 22
• August 2 - 3
• September 20 - 21
• November 11 - 12
• December 13 - 14
Fridays 6:30-9:30pm & Saturdays 12am-5pm
• Required courses are offered approx. once a month, Fridays & Saturdays
• Elective courses are offered throughout the year.
Please check link for dates and times of workshops and applicable electives.
• An established personal meditation practice is a pre-requisite for the course.
• Course must be completed within 24 months of enrollment.
• Required textbook: In The Flow: Bridging The Science and Practice of Mindfulness
• 20 hours of community service providing mindfulness training to the community is required.
• Complete training faster by attending retreats with faculty Dr. Norris & Aurora Hutchinson.
• Complete training faster by also enrolling in the OnlineMeditation Teacher Training (Additional cost)
• Download Full Course Requirements and Syllabus
• Certification by The Mindfulness Center (™) for completion of 160-hours of training as a Meditation Teacher.
• A world-class education with seasoned professor, published scholar and mindfulness leader Dr. Deborah Norris, and faculty Aurora Hutchinson.
• An active listing on The Mindfulness Center’s website indicating your certification and contact information. You control your profile privacy settings.
• Connect with the world of mindfulness - in health care, education, business and more by completing your Meditation Teacher training at The Mindfulness Center.
• Be part of a community of like-minded people who have a passion for sharing mindfulness with others and are committed to the growth and development of the field of mindfulness.
• Deepen your personal and professional practice, while learning the science and practice of teaching mindfulness to others.
• Learn to teach to groups and one-on-one, and to work with special needs and in special circumstances that may arise.
• $2200 Per Person
• Payment plan options available.
• Secure your place TODAY for $400!
• Limited number of partial scholarships available.
For scholarship information contact, Tiffany.